Friday, May 21, 2010

Blog #3

A situation in which Tessa is confronted with a problem is when she gets caught stealing from the grocery store. One of Tessa’s wishes was to break the law so Zoey convinced her to steal from the local grocery store. After shoving things into her pockets and sweater, she decides to pay for a couple of things but eventually the cashier noticed that she had shoplifted. Tessa than gets sent into the back and gets reviewed. The store security calls her dad to pick her up. The outcome wasn’t bad because it was her first offence so she was let go by law. Her dad didn’t punish her because he knows that it was part of the list so Tessa got it easy. I believe the outcome was positive because she didn’t get in trouble but negative because she got caught.

Do you think its right that she got let go because they knew about her Leukemia? Do you think your parents would ignore your crime if you were sick?

7 comments:

  1. I think that it would be very hard to punish someone that was as sick as Tessa. If I was sick and I made a list of things I wanted to do before I died and a part of that list was to commit a crime then I think my parents would let me off easy because they knew I just wanted to do as much as I could with the time I had left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if she described her condition and why she was doing this they would understand a little better,and maybe not be so hard on her.I think her dad cant really do anything to punish her becasue shes not going to listen,and he would rather her spend her last months on earth doing what she wants and finishing her list so she leaves the world complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that its hard to punish someone with an illness like tessa's, but just because she is sick doesn't mean she shouldn't be punished. i don't think my parents would let me off easy because they would want my last days on earth to be memorable, shoplifting isn't so memorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If i was in Tessa's parents position I would let her go without punishment too because she doesn't have much time left to live. Espaecially if that was on her list of things to do, let her have her fun before....the day...because if you don't, not only will she be "unsatisfied" but you will feel the guilt forever....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that just because you are sick that you can disobey the law. Just becasue you are dying doesnt mean that your aloud to do anything that you want, and not get punished. If i were the shop owner I would just let her off with a warning because it was her first offence. But as her father I would still tell her that it was wrong to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think its right to just let some go because she has a problem. But then again she is going to die soon and she wants to live her last days of her life to the fullest. A store shouldn't suffer with stole things because of this, sh should do other things to life it amazingly. And I don't think they would ignore the crime just like that, I think they would give me a little punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that it is right she got let go. She is someone who doesn't have a whole lot of time to live. You want to experience everything you can before you leave our earth and I think the store understood that. If i got in trouble like that and my parents found out I do not think they would be mad. I would explain to them what im going through and make them understand. I think they would express their feelings of how wrong it is, but would come to understand what im going through.

    ReplyDelete